Friday 802 Pleanry for July

We need to make final decision on holding Friday Plenary at the July
meeting:

1) We conditionally agreed on no Friday meeting:

Item_4_21 SEC Motion Passed 11-0-0
Pending approval of the rules change ballot, conditionally eliminate the
Friday morning closing plenary meeting, and disseminate the reports and
announcements that are normally distributed at the meeting via the
ieee802.org web page. Reports are to be provided to the LMSC Recording
Secretary in the form of PDF files no later than 8:00 am on the Friday
morning of 802 Plenary Sessions. This change will take effect at the July
2000 meeting.

2) I believe the rules ballot has generated a few comments from membership
on some of the rules details and a few dissents to eliminating the Friday
meeting. However, I believe that this ballot will be approved with some
modifications to the rules. Paul - what is the response??

3) I announced that the Friday meeting was probably cancelled at the closing
plenary in March.

Therefore, I believe we need to send out a note to our Working Groups
informing them that the Friday meeting is cancelled so that people can make
airplane changes as needed.

Buzz should also inform the hotel that we will not need the room for 802
meeting on Friday. I am not aware of any 802 working group meeting on
Friday.

Jim Carlo(jcarlo@ti.com) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 Telecom and Info Exchange Between Systems
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee