Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Interests in 802

Tom Kurihara is a consultant to the IEEE Staff on Intelligent Transportation
Systems (ITS). I will be hosting a meeting with Tom, and others who want to
join us, on Tuesday (Board Room - time TBD) to see if their are any mutual
interests within 802 on this area. More details are below. I will ask for
meeting fee dispensation for Tom. See below for a lot more details. Tom's
inputs might have significance in wireless requirements. My question to Tom
is what private companies have a market interest in this area, since 802
standards that have been successful serve the private marketplace.

Tom Kurihara
3800 North Fairfax Drive, #207
Arlington, VA 22203-1759
703-516-9650
703-516-4688 fax
t.kurihara@ieee.org

Jim Carlo(jcarlo@ti.com) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 Telecom and Info Exchange Between Systems
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee