Re: Rules change ballot; new Procedure 3 Coordination with other standards bodies

The wording of the first sub-bullet uses the words "shall be approved by the SEC". At least one interpretation of this form of words is that it gives the SEC no option but to approve - i.e., it is a rubber stamp process only. I think the clause need re-working to remove this possible interpretation.

For the moment, I vote No until this get fixed. My re-work would look like this:

"Procedure 3 PROCEDURE FOR COORDINATION WITH OTHER STANDARDS BODIES

o IEEE 802 communications
- Communications with standards bodies outside of LMSC shall not be released without prior approval by the Executive Committee.
- All communications shall be sent under the signature of the LMSC Chair as the position of IEEE 802 and shall be copied to the SEC.
o Working group communications
- All communications with standards bodies outside of LMSC that are not "Information Only" shall be reviewed by the Executive Committee prior to release.
- All communications with standards bodies outside of LMSC that are "Information Only" can go directly to the standards body.
- All communications shall be sent under the signature of the Working group Chair(s) as the position of the working group(s) and shall include the LMSC Chair in the communication distribution list.
o Incoming liaison letters to Executive Committee members shall be sent, as a minimum to the LMSC Chair.
o Informal communications are encouraged but should not imply that they are a
formal position of the IEEE 802 or of the working group"

Regards,
Tony