From: d.scozzafava@ieee.org [mailto:d.scozzafava@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 4:50 PM
To: Geoff Thompson; jcarlo@ti.com
Subject: Patent Database

Jim and Geoff,

     As of today, August 17, 2000, the Patent Information Database has been
updated.

     Geoff, regarding your issue of 802.16 below, information is not posted
in the IEEE Patent Database until a Patent Letter of Assurance is received.
The Patent Letters of Assurance as identified on the 802.16 Website would
need to be given to me.  I do not have these 802.16 Patent Letters of
Assurance regarding the specific patents cited on this website.  After I
receive these letters, then I will change the Patent Database Front Page to
reflect that there are Letters of Assurance on file with the IEEE regarding
802.16 and update the Database.  (The same procedure would be used for the
802.15 Group also.)

     (I hope that my new last name does not confuse you.)

Regards,
Denise

**

Denise P. Scozzafava
Staff Engineer
IEEE Standards Activities Dept.
445 Hoes Lane
P.O. Box 1331
Piscataway, NJ  08855-1331  USA

Tel: +1 732 562 3809
Fax: +1 732 562 1571
email: d.scozzafava@ieee.org
**

Visit our Website at:  http://standards.ieee.org/

                    "Geoff Thompson"
                    <gthompso@nortelnet        To:
d.pribula@staff.ieee.org
                    works.com>                 cc:     "Geoff Thompson"
<gthompso@nortelnetworks.com>,
                                               jcarlo@ti.com
                    08/03/2000 06:44 PM        Subject:     Re: Patent
letter from ETRI re P802.3ae

Denise-

The material that I gave you at the July meeting STILL isn't posted nor is
anything else since June 3, 1999. (ref:
http://standards.ieee.org/db/patents/pat802_3.html )

This does not work when members of my Working Group ask who has submitted
letters.

I note that the situation is so bad that 802.16 is not even mentioned on
the patent web front page (ref: http://standards.ieee.org/db/patents/ ) and

they have bootlegged around the system and set up their own page in their
Working Group area
(http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/ipr/patents/notices/ )

What can I do to assist you in getting this fixed sooner rather than later?

Geoff

At 08:42 AM 7/10/00 -0400, d.pribula@staff.ieee.org wrote:

>Geoff,
>
>      I will remind you here in La Jolla.