IEEE 2000 Election - Jerry Peterson for IEEE-SA President Elect

I am asking your support for Jerry Peterson who is running for
President-Elect of the IEEE-SA Standards Board. I have worked with Jerry in
several areas of standards (he is PatCom Chair, has helped with our liaisons
to the ITU, and is from the Communications Society) and recommend him
highly. While normally, I don't take a position on elections, in this case,
I believe it is important to have a solid proponent of Communications
Standards in this position (the other candidate is from the Power
Engineering Society and they also elected the current President). So it is
up to the Networking  People to support their candidate.

Please support Jerry and ask your Working Groups, as appropriate, to support
his election. I believe we need to put some clout behind our large SA
membership.

Jim Carlo(jcarlo@ti.com) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 Telecom and Info Exchange Between Systems
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee

FROM JERRY PETERSON:
I received my IEEE 2000 Election package yesterday and will take just a
moment of your time to remind you of the elections and the fact that I am a
candidate for the post of IEEE Standards Association President-Elect.  My
election biography and statement are in the election package and available
on the web at:
http://www.ieee.org/organizations/corporate/candidates.htm

Only people who are both members of the IEEE and the Standards Association
may vote for the SA President-Elect.  This dual requirement is because the
SA President holds a seat on the IEEE Board.

All SA members may vote for members of the SA Board of Governors. As you can
see, there is also a race for Board of Governors seats.

As you can see I am running against a colleague from Power Engineering which
has a very large SA membership.

As noted above, there are different qualifying requirements for voting
eligibility, thus if you are not a member of both the IEEE and the SA, my
name will not be on your ballot, similarly if you are not a member of the SA
the Board of Governor candidates will not be on your ballot.

I appreciate you time and consideration,

Thanks,
Jerry Peterson
Chair ComSoc Standards Committee