From: Standards Activities Board [mailto:SAB2000@COMPUTER.ORG] On Behalf
Of jw.daniel@COMPUTER.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 10:46 AM
To: SAB2000@COMPUTER.ORG
Subject: Nominations for the 2001 Chapter Tutorials Program

To:       Colleagues and Friends

From:   John Daniel, Volunteer Services Coordinator,
(on behalf of Dr. Fiorenza Albert-Howard, Chair, IEEE-CS Chapter Tutorial
Program)

Date:    11 October 2000

Dear Colleagues and Friends:

The purpose of this communication is to solicit your recommendations and/or
nominations for new and dynamic speakers willing to serve in the IEEE
Computer Society's Chapter Tutorials Program (CTP).  The CTP has been a
popular and successful vehicle for serving our membership through our
chapters.  The CTP now covers not only professional and student chapters in
the continental North America (Regions 1-7), but the Asia-Pacific, Europe,
and India regions as well.

Each year, new speakers and topics are selected to help maintain renewed
interest by our membership.

Speakers on new and state-of-the-art technical topics are particularly
welcome and self-nominations are encouraged. We are particularly looking
for speakers in the areas of: Software Engineering, Computer Communication,
Computer Graphics, VLSI, and Networks. We would also like to see more
participation of women speakers in the CTP program as well.

New speaker selection criteria includes a record of public speaking,
publication in journals and books, and other accomplishments.  Completed
nominations should include a biography and at least 2-3 abstracts of the
topics the speaker will present.

The CTP electronic nomination form can be found at:
http://computer.org/chapter/ctp/nominate.htm

Further information on the CTP policies and procedures can be found at:
http://www.computer.org/chapter/ctp/PP.HTM#policies

The following is a timetable for selection of new speakers:
---Deadline for receipt of Speaker Nominations: 31 October 2000
---Speaker recommendations from the CTP Selection Committee: November 2000
---Notification of New Speakers: December 1999
---Program Year Begins: 1 January 2001

NOTE: Nominations should be submitted electronically to
services.ctp@computer.org.  Please send biographies and abstracts as
attachments in Microsoft Word or text format (please no postscript files).
You can access the current CTP catalog at
http://www.computer.org/chapter/ctp/toc.htm.

We also encourage nominations for the Distinguished Visitors Program (DVP).
For more
information on the DVP, please visit: http://www.computer.org/chapter/DVP/

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to receiving your
recommendations for new speakers.

Sincerely,

Fiorenza Albert-Howard
F.A.C.H.T.S.