From: owner-mfig@t1.org [mailto:owner-mfig@t1.org] On Behalf Of
Fred_Lucas@3com.com
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 10:38 AM
To: mfig@t1.org
Subject: [MFIG] Question to MIG members

The following email was discussed at last weeks T1AG conference call.  The
email
appears to say that the IETF is starting to work on control of the
underlying
physical telecommunications network, the same domain as Committee T1.  Our
Chairman, Ray Hapeman, has asked the Interest Groups to respond to the
following
questions:

1. Do the Manufacturers agree that this new work steps over into Committee
T1's
accustomed sphere?

2. If the answer to Question 1 is Yes, would we prefer to do the work in the
IETF or in Committee T1?

3. If the answer to Question 2 is 'Committee T1', how should we proceed?

I expect to hear from Ray this week to get the Manufacturers feedback so let
me
know your thoughts as soon as possible.

Fred