RE: IEEE 802 Rules Change Ballot--opens Jan 10 2001, closes March 9 2001

Yes with the incicated changes

1.  I support Tony's rewording to 5.1.3.5.

2.  Recognizing Geoff's comments on Jim's proposed change, I would reword
the third paragraph of 5.1.3.1 as follows:

"Working Group observers and members are encouraged to join the IEEE
Standards Association (IEEE-SA) and the IEEE Computer Society. Although not
a requirement for membership in the Working Group, membership in the IEEE-SA
is required to participate with voting status in an IEEE Sponsor Ballot
group."

Rationale for this wording:

a) We encorage anyone we can to join the SA and/or CS, not only members.
b) I base the SB participation text on the current text from the IEEE web
site (http://standards.ieee.org/sa/ballotnews.html), which indicates that
those that pay the ballot fee participate as Observers.
c) Since we don't set the rules for SB participation, the less said in our
rules the better.

--Bob Grow