From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org]On Behalf Of Jonathan Thatcher
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 3:14 PM
To: 'stds-802-sec@ieee.org'
Subject: RE: Proposal to move the SEC meeting to Friday

Dear members of the SEC,

In behalf of the 10 Gigabit Ethernet Task Force, I would also like to request you support for this proposal.

I would like to underscore Bob Grow's comment regarding the Working Groups / Task Forces. It is a complete frustration not being able to plan a plenary meeting to be as productive as an interim meeting. My belief is that the quality of the work suffers because of it. Much that we should be doing in quorum gets pushed to mid-interim ad hoc meetings. While this is a great way to get specific "big ticket items" resolved, it should not be the modus operandi.

It is clear to me that this proposal will help optimize the effectiveness of large numbers of professionals who have dedicated their time to the advancement of 802 standards. I feel a heavy responsibility regarding the time (# people * # hours including travel) consumed by these members and how well it is utilized.

Please vote yes.

jonathan thatcher