From: Tim Godfrey [mailto:tgodfrey@intersil.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 4:16 PM
To: T. M. Kurihara
Cc: RDeRoche@peek-traffic.com; a.ricketts@ieee.org; Bob O'Hara
Subject: Re: Fwd: IEEE 802.11 SNMP MIB?

Tom and Bob,

The 1997 version of 802.11 specified the MIB according to OSI rules, but
Annex D was removed prior to paper publication. Subsequent versions of
802.11 (802.11-1999 and supplements) are according to SNMP.  So the short
answer to your question is yes.

I have CC'd your question to Bob O'Hara, who is a member of the 802
executive committee and the editor of the 802.11 standard. He is an expert
on the 802.11 MIB and higher level 802 architecture, and will be able to
provide a more detailed explanation and history.

Thanks,

Tim.

At 17:33 7/3/2001, T. M. Kurihara wrote:
>Tim, Bob DeRoche has asked for an authoritative response to his
>observation and question.  Could you respond or make arrangements to have
>a response for Bob?  Thank you very much for your assistance.  \\TomK//
>
>>From: Robert DeRoche <RDeRoche@peek-traffic.com>
>>To: "Thomas Kurihara (E-mail)" <t.kurihara@ieee.org>
>>Cc: "NTCIP Profiles WG (E-mail)" <profiles@ntcip.org>
>>Subject: IEEE 802.11 SNMP MIB?
>>Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 18:09:23 -0400
>>
>>Tom,
>>
>>I was researching how property, value domain, and generic property domain
>>are expressed in other industries and ran across the following file:
>>http://www.mit.edu/afs/sipb.mit.edu/contrib/doc/specs/protocol/ieee/802.11
a.
>>pdf. This is a supplement to IEEE 802.11.
>>
>>On document page 57, it describes changes to the "SNMPv2"  MIB that
appears
>>in IEEE 802.11!!!  Are the IEEE 802 WGs now defining MIBs in the SNMP
style?
>>This is a very important issue in regard to a number of NTCIP Standards
and
>>I would appreciate an authoritative answer.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Bob De Roche

    Tim Godfrey at Intersil
    tgodfrey@intersil.com