[802SEC] seeking advice regarding compliance claim

I would like some advice from the SEC sages.

I have received a complaint about a corporate press release which
claims that a product "functionally complies with the emerging IEEE
802.16 standard for broadband wireless access."

I am seeking advice on one specific issue: claims of compliance to a
"standard" that has not been approved. If possible, I would prefer
that this topic be divorced from the issue of claiming compliance to
an IEEE standard, because that is a messy issue.

Questions on which I am seeking counsel:

*Should I care?

*Should I do anything it? If so, what?

*Is there any relevant IEEE-SA policy on the issue?

Thanks,

Roger