[802SEC] Error in What's New @ IEEE in Communications, December 2001

Karen and Angela,

You must improve the controls which govern the release of news items from
the What's News editors.  The What's New @ IEEE in Communications Dec 2001
has picked up on the same erroneous news announcement that Jim received last
week.  See below:

http://www.ieee.org/products/whats-new/wncomm1201.htm#5
"5. NEW WIRELESS NETWORK STANDARD APPROVED
The IEEE's approval of the 802.11g standard is a definite boost for wireless
networking and a step toward higher wireless Internet speeds.
standards.ieee.org/announcements/80211gadv.html
802.11 Working Group: grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/11/ "

As you know 802.11g is not even close to being complete--it is still in the
WG draft stage.

We must improve our internal coordination so as not to send out wrong
messages.  Please let me know what will be done to minimize these errors.
Evidently the current approach is not working.

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich
Chair, IEEE802