[802SEC] Explanation regarding the Rules change motions

Colleagues,

I have to apologize for an omission on my part in the process for rules
change and ask that you nevertheless participate and allow the continuation
of the process.

To my great concern, Paul Nikolich drew my attention to the fact that the
required 60 days before the Plenary meeting was already passed before I send
out the ballots.

To my defense, I can only give you the fact that I was distracted and
concerned that the requirement in our rules:

"shall distribute the proposed change to all persons who have attended the
current
Plenary Session or one of the preceding two Plenary Sessions at least sixty
(60) days prior to the
next Plenary Session and further; invite and collect comments for
presentation to the Executive
Committee."

can not be adhered to because we do not have an infrastructure to do so.
(stds-802-all is an on request list only)

The best alternative for me was to sent the proposal to the reflectors of
.1, .3, .11, .15 and .16 with a request for comments to be sent to me and
the individual's WG Chair. (Sorry Mike, I missed .17, but copied .0, so I do
hope you made a forward)

In having done so, the following requirement:

"Concurrent with distribution to the LMSC members, an Executive Committee
letter ballot shall
be conducted,"

I respectfully request that you allow the deviation because I could present
in the ballot a summary of comments form the constituency.

Thanks

Vic Hayes
Agere Systems Nederland B.V., formerly Lucent Technologies
Zadelstede 1-10
3431 JZ  Nieuwegein, the Netherlands
Phone: +31 30 609 7528 (Time Zone UTC + 1)
FAX: +31 30 609 7498
e-mail: vichayes@agere.com
http://www.orinocowireless.com/