Re: [802SEC] Summary of actions as a result of Get802, Trademark and Certification SEC meetings on Tuesday March 12

SEC Motion:

Following our discussions this week with Jerry Walker regarding the
trademark use and certification/compliance/conformance statement that has
been inserted in the front matter of Standard 802 and which is proposed for
insertion in all future standards, our conclusion is that this statement is
flawed. Our recommendation is that it be removed from all IEEE standards,
pending the drafting of a revised statement in consultation with the IEEE
standards community.