[802SEC] quorum at WG interims

At 11:28 AM -0500 02/03/19, Paul Nikolich wrote:
>Mike,
>
>The quorom for an electonic ballot is that 50% of the working group voting
>members must respond YES, NO or ABSTAIN.  This is exactly the same as a
>quorum for any WG meeting that is not held during a plenary session.
>
>--Paul

I'd like to pick a nit here. The rules say "A quorum is required at
other Working Group meetings... A quorum is at least one-half of the
Working Group members." The quorum is for the meeting, not for the
vote. The rules specify how many people have to be present, not how
many have to be voting.

Robert's Rules agrees: "A Quorum of an assembly is such a number as
must be present in order that business can be legally transacted. The
quorum refers to the number present, not to the number voting."

Roger