From: Robert D. Love [mailto:rdlove@nc.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 6:18 PM
To: Mike Takefman; p.nikolich@ieee.org
Cc: 'IEEE802'
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ SEC Rules Change Letter Ballot +++ Ballot on WG
electronic voting

Mike, for SEC email ballots the eligible voters all have a very significant
commitment to remain engaged and participate in the process.  Therefore, the
SEC electronic balloting rules call for motions to pass with >50% of ALL
ELIGIBLE VOTERS.  As a consequence, not voting on an SEC electronic ballot
is equivalent to casting a NO vote.

Since the ballot group for any of the Working Groups is so much larger, even
getting 50% of the voters to respond is an effort.  It would be a useless
exercise to require Working Group e-mail ballots to have greater than 50% of
the voting members cast a YES vote.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
Chair, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@ieee.org          Fax: 208 978-1187