From: Roger B. Marks [mailto:r.b.marks@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 8:50 AM
To: stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Corrected Ballot Results: +++ SEC EMAIL BALLOT +++
Release of 802 funds for Get802 program

I don't have the attendance figures for St. Louis, but I seem to
recall a number around 900. That means that the funds under
consideration in this motion amounted to around $70K (at $75 a head).
Not chump change, but not $200K either.

Otherwise, I agree with Howard. As I said in my Disapprove vote, "I
think we ought to table this motion until the end of the month so we
can review the proposal." I'd also like to see the "Get IEEE 802"
program succeed, and I am open to adjustments in accordance with the
original plan for a yearly review.

Roger

At 11:27 PM -0700 02/04/17, Howard Frazier wrote:
>Folks,
>
>I hate to be a nuisance, but I suggest that we all take a
>deep breath and realize that we are talking about an
>expenditure of ~$200,000, which ain't chump change.
>
>I thank Paul for restating the tally, and I prefer this
>outcome to that which was previously announced, but may
>I respectfully submit that the correct action is to defer
>this decision until we have had more time to collect facts,
>negotiate, and debate.
>
>This is a very important program, and it involves a whole
>lot of work, and a whole lot of money. I want to see it
>succeed.  I hope that my earlier message was not
>misinterpretted by the staff personel who are members of
>this reflector. I am not trying to tank the Get802 program.
>I do believe that now is not the time to commit our funds.
>
>Howard
>

>Paul Nikolich wrote:
>>
>>  Dear SEC,
>>
>>  I made an error on the tally for the below SEC Email ballot.
>>
>>  The updated tally is as follows:
>>
>>  01 Geoff Thompson             APP
>>  02 Buzz Rigsbee DIS
>>  03 Bob O'Hara               APP