Re: FW: [802SEC] +++ SEC Rules Change Letter Ballot +++ Defining times for Opening and Closing SEC Meetings

I vote approve, but request that the following editorial changes be incorporated.

Section 5.1.5.2.3
=================

I find two problems with this section.  Although condition "a)" is not
part of the proposed rules change, I note that it is poorly worded (it
is the WG that is hibernating, not the WG chair).  Condition "b)"
references a section (5.1.3.2) that deals with retaining WG membership
which is not applicable in this context and does not state what fraction
of the opening and closing SEC meetings must be attended to get credit
for attendance.  For instance, would attending an SEC meeting for only
half an hour be enough for the chair of a hibernating WG to get
attendance credit?

I propose that the two conditions be changed to

	"a) if the chair of the hibernating WG was the chair of the WG when it
entered hibernation, and

	b) if the chair of the hibernating WG maintains attendence by attending
at least 75% of both the opening and closing Executive Committee
meetings at two of the last four plenary Plenary sessions."

Procedure 5, Item 7

Change "during the Plenary session" in the last sentence of the proposed
change to "of the Plenary session".

Thanks,

wlq