[802SEC] PAR and 5C for 802.15.3a

Attached for your review is the PAR and 5C ( to be designated as project 802.15.3a  ) which was drafted by the Alternate 15.3 PHY Study Group and approved by the full Working Group at its September meeting in Monterey.  This activity has attracted considerable interest within 802.15, with Study Group attendance averaging 80 or so people from over 40 companies.  This project is aimed at developing a substantially higher data rate PHY for the soon to be completed 15.3.

We took the opportunity to have this reviewed by the 802.19 TAG at its first meeting in Monterey. They were satisfied that appropriate language was included in the PAR and agreed to work with Task Group 3a in the definition of coexistence requirements that the task group would use in the selection criteria against which the proposals will be evaluated.

Please distribute to your respective Working Groups.  We would appreciate any comments as soon as possible, but not later than 5pm on Tuesday at the Plenary meeting in Koloa

02371r0P802-15_SG3a-5_Criteria.doc

02370r0P802-15_SG3a-PAR.doc

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Chair, ZigBee Alliance
11 Louis Road
Attleboro, MA  02703   USA
Phone: 508-222-1393