RE: [802SEC] FW: BOUNCE stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org: Non-m ember submission from ["Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@att.net>]

If your machine doesn't have a reasonably fast CPU
and AT LEAST 256 MB of RAM, I would advise Win2k.
XP will, according to a MS OS engineer that I sat
next to on the flight to Sydney in May, run like a
dog in less than 256 MB ... I have it on a 1.4 GHz
Athalon 4 wiht 512 MB of RAM and it FLIES ... and I've
had NO problems or reliability issues ... simply plugging
in an Orinoco .11b card caused it to install all the
necessary s/w, find my residential gateway and set up
all the network stuff ... with virtually no effort on
my part.

Buzz ... did you do a clean install or use the "upgrade
from a previous version of Windows" option?  Again, I
would only recommend that route to one of my worst enemies.

Carl