Re: [802SEC] IMPORTANT NOTE: IEEE 802 Meeting room audio visual update

Dear SEC,

Let me take a different tack.

We spend lots of money (almost every meeting) buying
new projectors that clearly improve productivity.

How about we buy some wireless mics and mic stands
and stop arguing about this three times a year?

Every hotel I've been at seems to use a 4 input
mixer/amp and we could just wire it ourselves. In
fact when .17 was in SG mode, one of our members
brought a wireless mic to each meeting for
this purpose!

I am sure this may annoy the AV company, and makes
us liable if they amp blows up, but if they don't
charge out at a reasonable rate then they can expect
people to try to avoid the charge. And they never
complained about us adding our own mic.

thoughts?

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Manager of Engineering,       Cisco Systems