From: Grow, Bob [mailto:bob.grow@intel.com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 12:48 PM
To: dawns@facetoface-events.com; IEEE 802 SEC
Cc: Darcel Moro; Jennifer Hull; Howard Frazier
Subject: RE: [802SEC] IMPORTANT NOTE: IEEE 802 Meeting room audio visual update

When 802.3 requests a floor microphone, it is important to productive conduct of business.  This is especially true at closing meetings (802.3ah, 802.3 where motions involve significant comment from participants.  I would assume not having the microphone extends an active closing 802.3 plenary by 0:30, so 200 people @ $50/hr. (very conservative) is a productivity loss of $5000.

I obviously have a problem with this arbitrary decision, and am curious as to where this referenced 802 guideline is published.

--Bob Grow