Re: [802SEC] Proposed 802 survey form

At 8:30 AM -0800 02/11/08, Bill Quackenbush wrote:
>Roger,
>
>WOW, that is much more support for the survey than I expected.  Thanks.
>
>While doing the survey on the web offers solutions to a bunch of
>problems, there are some issues.
>
>	1)  I did receiver some comments on the survey that were not broadcast
>to the 802 SEC alias.  These comments led to some minor changes in some
>of the questions and the addition of another question.  Unfortunately I
>did not have change tracking turned on when I made the changes.  The
>updated survey is attached.

No problem; Word can compare documents. I've updated the on-line
version. I've made one change, which I can alter if you like. Namely,
I extended "We need to have the following equipment provided" by
adding "and the cost included in the meeting registration fee." This
parallels your language on the food service.

>	2)  I would like to record each responder's answers as a row (or
>column) in an Excel spread sheet.  That way correlations between
>responders can be investigated if we want/need to.  Just keeping
>counters of how may responders give a particular answer looses that
>information.

I'll have this data and can easily generate the report you want.

>	3)  Whether to place a link to the survey in a more obvious place,
>perhaps the "IEEE 802 Plenary/interim meeting information" page
>(http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/meeting/index.html)

Fine by me. I thought you wanted to limit the survey to those in
Kauai. I was thinking of putting it on the Dot16 server there, for
local access only. However, I also added "not attending" as a
response to (1), in case we want a wider audience (though a less
defined one).

If you put the survey on the Internet, my suggestion is to leave it
unadvertised, except in Kauai, so that you have a well-defined survey
group. Maybe afterwards you could use it for remote responders in a
separate data set.

>	4)  Will we get a comparable response rate using the web versus passing
>out paper surveys in a meeting?  I certainly don't know the answer to
>this, but it concerns me.

I don't know. I don't mind having paper forms in the registration
area, but I'd rather not introduce the disruption inside our meetings.

Roger