Re: [802SEC] Should we continue to meet in Hawaii?

While I am ignorant of meeting costs on the western side of the Pacific
Rim, I am in general in agreement with the sentiments expressed by
Geoff, Tony and Pat.

Please don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy Hawaii as a vacation
destination and I enjoy Kauai in particular.  The Hyatt Regency Kauai is
a first class hotel.  But our purpose is business and for that purpose,
such venues are a "waste".  A waste because we pay a significantly
higher rate and have little or no time to enjoy what we pay extra for.
For those who arrive early, stay late or just skip some of the meetings,
a venue like Kauai is a low cost or free vacation.  For those who do
none of those, it is a waste.

Thanks,

wlq