[RPRWG] Results from ITU-T SG 17 meeting in Geneva

RPRWGers, SEC,

I travelled to Geneva to participate in the SG 17
plenary meeting during the last week of November.

I am pleased to report that our liason to Q 7/17 was
openly received and that a new draft of the X.msr
document has been released for our consideration.
It has been placed in the members area of the web-site
http://www.ieee802.org/17/member/TD2132_Rev3.pdf

Dr. Yu (the rapporteur of Q7/17) is planning on
attending our January meeting in order to discuss
with us the layering of X.msr over 802.17. We will be
setting up meetings running in parallel with
CommentResolution to work out details of the layering.
Hence, interested people and editorial staff should plan
on attending these meetings when the particular subject
area is under consideration.

I want to thank all of the people who worked on this
issue, but I wish to specifically name Glenn Parsons
who was a great help to me in navigating these interesting
waters.

cheers,

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Manager of Engineering,       Cisco Systems