FW: [802SEC] Ballot periods

Bob-

I believe that we screwed up on this one. I thoroughly support your
effort.
The SA staff is in no better shape than we are in this area and remember
that, in spite of VERY long standing practice we had NO FOUNDATION
WHATSOEVER in our OR/P&P for any recirc to less than 30 days for the
majority of the last 20 years.

It is my position that Roger was incorrect when he said that we should
just
defer to whatever staff decides to do. This is an area where we could
lose
an appeal. I believe that the SA should be providing balloting services
Sponsors under Sponsor rules. Sponsors, in turn, are supposed to get
their
P&P approved by AudCom. It is not a rigorous system. Paul ultimately is
on
the hook for the decision.

I would like to take him off the hook...
         ...assure that there is adequate time for review
         ...and remove any uncertainty regarding our system.

My position will be that, with an underlying rationale to see that the
ballot is in hand for at least 10 days, our rules need to say that all
802
ballot (i.e. Working Group and LMSC) recirculations will be at least 15
days from the timestamp of the announcing e-mail until the close of
ballot.

Thanks for grabbing the ball on this.

Geoff