Re: [802SEC] reflector observations

Mat,

I think our biggest problem with rules changes is that our
rules are far too detailed.  We wind up in word-smithing
purgatory because we make our rules too wordy. We encounter
conflicts with superior and subordinate P&P because of
duplication, rather than incorporation by reference.

Maybe, just maybe, we should declare a moratorium on
changes to our P&P until a complete re-write is undertaken.
No more band-aids. Start from the model P&P's provided by
the IEEE-SA, and carefully add in a very small number of
rules that we need to cover critical issues that are unique
to the LMSC.

Maybe this would be a route out of purgatory.

Howard Frazier