[802SEC] 802.20 chair appointment agenda item

Dear EC members,

Gary Robinson has agreed to serve as chair of the 802.20 Working Group, hence I have appointed him as chair of the 802.20 working group effective today, 11AM PDT July 24, 2003.  The term of the appointment is initially through the end of the November 2003 plenary session and if the WG does not seat a chair through the normal election/confirmation process by then, I will extend his appointment through the March 2004 plenary session.

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to Gary for agreeing to fill this critical role and to Geoff Thompson for working with me to provide mentorship and guidance to the WG since the March plenary session.

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich
Chair, IEEE 802