[802SEC] Re: Let's Make a Deal For Everyone to do January 2004 in Vancouver !!!
- To: "Rigsbee, Everett O" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 Bob Grow" <email@example.com>, "802 Geoff Thompson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 Howard Frazier" <email@example.com>, "802 Michael Takefman" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 P Nikolich" <email@example.com>, "802 Tony Jeffree" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 Bob Heile" <email@example.com>, "802 Stuart J. Kerry" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [802SEC] Re: Let's Make a Deal For Everyone to do January 2004 in Vancouver !!!
- From: Bob Heile <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:14:38 -0400
- Cc: "802 @F2F Dawn S" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Darcel Moro" <email@example.com>, "802 @F2F Jennifer Hull" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 Bill Quackenbush" <email@example.com>, "802 Exec" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-Reply-To: <A47F418CA508A54EA9BA0B2E6231E9B701D6B943@xch-nw-08.nw.nos.boeing.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
This is fine with me. It is up to the wired guys whether we want to
make this an interim plenary or not. Could be kinda fun.
At 07:01 PM 8/15/2003 -0700, Rigsbee, Everett O wrote:
Colleagues, During our
closing meeting in SF I was asked to explore the possibilities of
allowing the Wired Folks (802.1, 802.3, and 802.17) to join the Wireless
Folks for the January 11-16, 2004 Interim in Vancouver, BC. After
several weeks of looking at various alternatives to have a workable
solution, I believe we have come up with an arrangement that does the job
for an 802-hosted interim for all who care to partake.
Here's the essence of the deal and why I think it works the best for all
First some facts:
1. The Wireless Group is really too big for Fairmont VCR but had kindly
volunteered to jam in there to help with the attrition penalty from July
2. The Wired guys did Fairmont Vancouver last January and it was just
perfect for them.
So the deal hinges on the fact that we can get full access to Hyatt
Regency Vancouver for the same week, and I've been told we can get that
if we can act right now. So we can do all the Wireless Groups very
comfortably at Hyatt Regency Vancouver with their more flexible meeting
space and allow the Wired Groups to have full access to the Fairmont
Hotel Vancouver once again (which they say they prefer anyway) and
everybody's happy. Not only that but we will be able to have full
coverage for our on-site network for both properties for the full week as
part of our already contracted cost. This will be an obvious
precursor to our November 2005 plenary with the same two properties, so
we should have all of our set-up and layout issues thoroughly sorted out
beforehand with hardly any effort in 2005.
So I'm thinking we need to do 450 rooms peak at HR-VCR for Wireless and
300 rooms for Wired, etc. at Fairmont VCR, and have access to all of
their combined meeting spaces all week. And I believe we can do all
this with a room-rate at both properties of $140.CAD/night
(~=$99.US/night). We CAN work a deal to this effect if we can agree
to go for it before the end of next week (8/22/03). If we get
bogged down in too many other alternatives then we will probably lose our
chance at this.
So I would like to open this proposal for consideration and comment from
the EC and various WG reps. Can we agree to make this one work
It IS a combination that has worked extremely well in the past and the
price seems very reasonable to me.
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
Seattle, WA 98124-2207
(425) 865-2443 Fx: (425) 865-6721
Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Chair, ZigBee Alliance
11 Louis Road
Attleboro, MA 02703 USA