Re: [802SEC] +++ EC P&P Revision Ballot +++ Ballot on Precedence

Mat,

I vote DISAPPROVE.

While I agree with the intent of this proposed revision, I have a number
of problems with the proposed text.

	1) It is obvious from the list of documents under which the LMSC
operates that the LMSC has an organization relationship with at least
three entities, the IEEE, the IEEE-SA and the Computer Society.
However, the is no indication in text or Figure of Section 1 of the
relationship between the LMSC, the IEEE and the IEEE-SA and there is no
indication of the relationship between the Computer Society, the IEEE
and the IEEE-SA.  It is my understanding that the relationship is not a
strict linear hierarchy and I request that these relationships be added
to the text and Figure of section 1.  Such information seems quite
appropriate for an "Overview" section.

	2) One of the documents under which the LMSC operates is the "IEEE
Financial Operations Manual" (FOM).  This document is missing from the
list and needs to be added.  I suspect that it should follow the IEEE
Polices, but you need to check on that.

	3) I think that the paragraph immediately preceding the list of
documents would be clearer and more accurate if changed to the following.

	"The operation of the LMSC is subject to regulations contained in a
number of documents including these Policies and Procedures.  The
regulating documents are identified in the following list and are listed
in their order of precedence from highest to lowest.  If any two
documents in this list give conflicting regulations, the conflict shall
be resolved in favor of the document of higher precedence.

Thanks,

wlq