From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:gthompso@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 8:08 PM
To: Grow, Bob
Cc: Rigsbee, Everett O; Geoff Thompson; scarlson@hspdesign.com; Richard Brand; dawns@facetoface-events.com; p.nikolich@ieee.org; 802 Exec
Subject: RE: Florida Tax on LANs

Bob-

Sounds good to me.

Should such discriminatory tax still be under consideration by the state of Florida when we convene in November, I would be happy to 2nd a motion to cancel scheduled 802 meetings in Florida and to send an appropriate advisory letter with copies to the Florida state chamber of commerce, the governor and the officers of the legislature.

Buzz, please advise of the financial implications.
(No, I do not want to spend March at DFW or in Albuquerque.)

BTW speaking of taxes, when I was in Ireland I was told by our landlady at a B&B that the Irish government taxes citizens 40 Euros/year for each credit card they hold.

Geoff