Re: [802SEC] Evaluation of a Wireless LAN Bridge for Interconnecting Meeting Facilities in Albuquerque

Yes, you are suggesting that we pay a vendor to demo their product.
Travel expenses of $2K plus a comp hotel room to be exact. The
equipment vendor's cost of sales should be their own problem, not ours.
If our network service provider needs to test such equipment in order to
provide the services that we have contracted for, then they should be
responsible for any costs associated with the evaluation.  Network
design, installation, and support are what we are paying for, and
this evaluation is part of the design task. We don't need to fly vendors
in to show us their wares.

As far as the problems with Albuquerque go, they are too numerous
to go into in this thread. As far as the problems with the
networking go, it sure looks like the service provider dropped the
ball in a big way, requiring us to reshuffle the meeting room
assignments at the last minute.  Now they are asking us to purchase
more expensive equipment, and to foot the bill for their
evaluation of the equipment.

This suggestion causes me to be very concerned about the quality of
the networking support that will be provided to the groups that are being
forced to meet in the Albuquerque Convention Center. It looks like we
are going to have very poor networking services, once again. The idea
that we need to pay some wizard to fly in with a magical box at the
last minute makes it sound like the situation is pretty desperate. I
expected better for the premium price we are paying this contractor.

Howard Frazier