Re: [802SEC] +++EC Motion+++ P802.3ah conditional approval+++ TENTATIVE BALLOT TALLY/REMINDER--Vote closes at NOON EST today
I already voted APPROVE.
At 15:51 01/12/2003, Paul Nikolich wrote:
This ballot closes NOON EST Monday December 1, 2003. Below is the
tentative tally--if I have missed your vote, please resend it to
Everyone please remember to cast your
DIS DNV APP
01 Geoff Thompson
APP*(Bob Grow please confirm your approval)
total: -01- -06- -06- -00-
- ----- Original Message -----
- From: Paul Nikolich
- To: IEEE802
- Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 11:56 AM
- Subject: [802SEC] +++EC Motion+++ P802.3ah conditional approval
- Dear SEC members,
- This is a 10 day SEC email ballot to make a determination by EC motion to conditionally approve P802.3ah to begin Sponsor Ballot.
- The LMSC executive committee grants conditional approval per Procedure 10, for P802.3ah sponsor ballot pending successful completion of the working group ballot process.
- Moved by Bob Grow
- Seconded by Tony Jeffree
- The email ballot opens on Friday Nov 21 NOON EST and Monday Dec 1 NOON EST.
- Please direct your responses to the EC reflector with a CC directly to me
- - Paul Nikolich
- Chairman, IEEE 802 LMSC
- During the closing EC meeting, consideration of conditional approval for P802.3ah progressing to sponsor ballot was deferred for email consideration.
- The working group vote for conditional approval passed Y: 57, N: 2, A: 17 as shown in the attachment.
- This EC vote is being conducted in parallel with the second working group recirculation ballot. This timing will allow a sponsor ballot to be conducted prior to the Vancouver interim meeting if the recirculation ballot results satisfy Procedure 10 of the LMSC P&P. There is insufficient time for conduct of a working group ballot, EC ballot and sponsor ballot in serial prior to the Vancouver meeting.
- If the requirements of Procedure 10 are met, the sponsor ballot will open very quickly after close of the working group recirculation.
- The initial P802.3ah/D2.0 working group ballot closed 3 Sep 2003 and the first WG recirculation ballot on P802.3ah/D2.1 closed 3 Nov 2003. Complete comment databases from these two ballots are available at: http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/comments/.
- The ballot results are in the attached report.
- Unresolved (unsatisfied) negative comments from D2.0 were included in the D2.1 recirculation.
- Unresolved (unsatisfied) negative comments from both D2.1 and D2.0 are included in the D2.2 recirculation.
- If you want access to the drafts, please contact Howard or me for the username and password.
The LMSC executive committee grants conditional approval per Procedure 10, for P802.3ah sponsor ballot pending successful completion of the working group ballot process.