Re: [802SEC] +++EC Motion+++ Rules Change Ballot on Roll Call Votes

Mike,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I do not agree with the constraints of the motion. I believe that my previous emails show that within the 802.11 P&P , LMSC P&P, and previous actions and events that have occurred in our WG over time, this has been adequately addressed. This is with respect to the Chairs', and Members positions, action, and authority.  I believe that the Chair decides procedural actions as we discussed privately recently, and would not like to see a dilution of that procedural authority or role. My decision is in conjunction with the various SEC emails on the topic I have reviewed. This is not withstanding the point that Roger Marks expatiated on the subject of the rules-change moratorium. Therefore, my vote at this time is Disapproval of the motion.

Respectfully,

Stuart
_______________________________

Stuart J. Kerry
Chair, IEEE 802.11 WLANs WG

Philips Semiconductors, Inc.
1109 McKay Drive, M/S 48A SJ,
San Jose, CA 95131-1706,
United States of America.

Ph  : +1 (408) 474-7356
Fax: +1 (408) 474-7247
Cell: +1 (408) 348-3171
eMail: stuart.kerry@philips.com
_______________________________

Mike Takefman <tak@cisco.com>

Sent by:
owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org

12/17/2003 13:22

        cc:        stds-802-sec@ieee.org
(bcc: Stuart Kerry/SVL/SC/PHILIPS)

        Subject:        Re: [802SEC] +++EC Motion+++ Rules Change Ballot on Roll Call Votes

        Classification:

The ballot closes on December 30, 2003 at noon EST.

I will be sending out an email with the current results
later this week.

But in general, I need more responses from people.

thanks,

mike