From: Paul Nikolich [mailto:paul.nikolich@att.net]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 9:32 PM
To: IEEE802
Subject: [802SEC] +++IEEE 802 EC motion+++ motion to approve attached
press release

Dear EC members,

This is a 10 day SEC email ballot to make a determination by EC motion
to approve the attached Press Release.  Please note I have placed a modifier
on the closing time of the ballot  such that it may close no later than 10
days after the start of the email ballot or as soon 24 hours after every
member of the EC casts a definitive ballot (APP, DIS or ABS).  The reason
for the modifier is to allow the press release, if it is approved, to be
issued as quickly as possible.

Motion
The LMSC executive committee approval of the attached press release on the
approval of IEEE 802.16/Conformance02, IEEE 802.2 reaffirmation, IEEE 802.5
reaffirmation by the Standards Board. (with the word "municipal" to be
changed to "metropolitan")

Moved by :        Bob O'Hara
Seconded by:      Carl Stevenson (I will second the motion, and Bob is
right, the
correct word is "metropolitan", not "municipal", so my 2nd is conditioned on
correcting that foible
in the text.)

The email ballot opens on Monday January 19 10PM EST and closes the sooner
of  January 29 10PM EST or
24 hours after every member of the EC has cast a ballot, whichever comes
first.

Please direct your responses to the EC reflector with a CC directly to me
(p.nikolich@ieee.org).

Regards,

- Paul Nikolich
Chairman, IEEE 802 LMSC