Re: [802SEC] +++ EC P&P Revision Ballot +++ on LMSC fiancial operations
My vote is DISAPPROVE for the following reasons:
I trust that these will all be resolvable.
- 1) Please delete the following text:
- "3. Expedite the setting of LAN/MAN standards, e.g. printing of
draft standards and
- conducting ballots."
- It is my opinion that these categories are either
obsolete or the proper province of IEEE-SA
- 2) (Editorial) The numbering on page 2 (4, 5, ...) should be (1, 2,
- 3) The term "merchant account" needs to be specifically
- 4) The text: "All funds received by the LMSC shall be deposited
in the LMSC bank account." has no meaning without a time frame. I
would suggest adding the term "promptly" and also adding a
maximum allowable time.
- 5) In all cases where LMSC funds are transferred to/from the IEEE for
investment they shall disbursed from and returned to the master
"LMSC bank account".
At 12:36 PM 1/23/2004 -0800, Bill Quackenbush wrote:
Dear EC members,
Attached you will find the text for an EC Policies and Procedures
revision ballot on LMSC Financial Operations. This letter ballot
was approved at the Friday, November 14, 2003 LMSC Executive Committee
meeting. The scope and purpose of the changes being balloted are as
given in the attached ballot document.
The ballot opens January 23, 2003 and closes February 22, 2003 at 11:59
PM Pacific Time (Daylight or Standard as applicable). (Remember if you do
not vote or abstain it is equivalent to a DISAPPROVE vote).
Please ensure this gets sent to the "802ALL" email list as
well. WG chairs, if you haven't already done so, please invite your
WG members to comment through you.