Re: [802SEC] +++ EC P&P Revision Ballot +++ on LMSC fiancial operations

At 07:37 24/01/2004, you wrote:
>Dear EC members,
>
>Attached you will find the text for an EC Policies and Procedures revision
>ballot on LMSC Financial Operations.  This letter ballot was approved at
>the Friday, November 14, 2003 LMSC Executive Committee meeting.  The scope
>and purpose of the changes being balloted are as given in the attached
>ballot document.
>
>The ballot opens January 23, 2003 and closes February 22, 2003 at 11:59 PM
>Pacific Time (Daylight or Standard as applicable). (Remember if you do not
>vote or abstain it is equivalent to a DISAPPROVE vote).

My vote is DISAPPROVE with the following comments:

- I support the comments made by Geoff. I believe that bullet 3 really
belongs as part of the purpose statement; for example "The purpose of
having a LMSC treasury is to provide financial support for activities that
will expedite the setting of LAN/MAN standards, including:";

- As items 2 and 7 are somewhat related, it would be worth numbering them
sequentially. It would also be worth adding some examples of the type of
expenditure that would/would not be reimbursed.

Regards,
Tony