From: owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Sherman,
Matthew J. (US SSA)
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 4:02 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [802SEC] IEEE Policies concerning the press

Folks,

I've seen some interesting coverage of the current IEEE 802 plenary in the media.  Per Paul's suggestion, I looked up the IEEE Policies on the press which read:

10.2.21 - AUDIO RECORDING, VIDEO RECORDING, AND PHOTOGRAPHY AT IEEE STANDARDS MEETINGS

IEEE Standards Sponsor committees may apply restrictions on the use of audio recording, video recording, or photography equipment where they may impede free discussion, where they compromise commercial value, or where they are disruptive. Such restrictions should be clearly identified, in advance, to attendees.

10.2.22 - PRESS ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS

Normally, individuals from the press are not encouraged to attend standards meetings. If the press is in attendance, the chair should announce press attendance. Normal meeting fees are not expected to be waived for the press.

Not sure where that leaves things but thought it would be worth knowing.

Mat

Matthew Sherman, PhD
Senior Member Technical Staff
BAE SYSTEMS, CNIR