[802SEC] Appointment to 2nd Vice Chair

Dear EC members,

I have had discussions with several people regarding filling the open 2nd Vice Chair position on the EC and I am pleased to announce that Pat Thaler has agreed to accept the appointment.  Her initial major focus will be to work with Andy Ickowicz to continue the on-line training program that we approved in July.

As most of you know, Pat Thaler is highly qualified to serve in this capacity having participated in IEEE 802 product development and standards development since 1985. She has held leadership positions in IEEE 802 including Task Force Chair, Working Group Chair and IEEE 802 Treasurer. She also has been a member of the Review Committee of the IEEE Standards Board. She is an IEEE Senior Member and a member of the IEEE Standards Association.  She is currently employeed by Agilent Technologies as the Chief Architect for the I/O solutions division and has the full supoort of her management to fill the 2nd VC role.  I welcome the opportunity to work with her again on the 802 EC.

I will put the confirmation of Pat Thaler's filling the 2nd VC role on the Monday morning EC agenda.  Upon confirmation, Pat will become a full member of the EC.

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich