Re: [802SEC] Socials

Mat-

I fear that moving the social to Sunday night would:
- be terrible for participation, many don't arrive until Monday noon.
- appear to be self-serving for the Exec ("others don't have to be here on Sunday").
- put many trip authorizing managers in the awkward position of explicitly having to authorize ~$200 incremental expense to have their employees (i.e. another hotel night) to attend a party.
- put those who have the opportunity to travel Monday AM in the position of choosing between family Sunday or 802 party (I would hope family wins).

I think that the result would be even lower participation. That would create a large faction that would be positioned to say that 10% of their meeting fees was going to an activity that their management doesn't support (by not sending them on Sunday). then the funding would disappear and the social would be completely gone.

Geoff