Re: [802SEC] Socials

Mat et al -

If the objective is to fix the problem of inability to converse due to the
noise generated by a large group of people, then moving it to Sunday night
may well be a viable solution, albeit an inequitable one for the reasons
mentioned by others.

However, it seems clear that there is no real solution that fixes all of
the objectives of having a social, so I have to agree with Pat that it is
well past time to pension it off. There was a time when it was a useful
social gathering and/or opportunity for ritual humiliation of the SEC, but
that time is long gone.

Regards,
Tony