Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ENDS 13 JAN+++motion to hold plenary sessions outside NA

Buzz,

Given that the LMSC P&P very specifically defines the roll of a session
"host" or "cohost", I suggest that it would be desirable to use a different
word for the organizational entity with which the LMSC partners to put
on a session outside of the North America if that entity is not is not a
"host" or "cohost" as defined in the P&P.  "Sponsor" is a possibility,
but there is a potential ambiguity here between the "sponsor of a
session" and the "sponsor of a standard".  The the term "partner" comes
to mind as a possibility.  I don't recall that "partner" has any IEEE
defined meaning.  And there are other possibilities.

wlq

         Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ENDS 13 JAN+++motion to hold
plenary sessions outside NA
    Date:
         Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:06:40 -0800