Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ENDS 21JAN2005+++Motion to appr ove 802 Projects Approved News Releases

Title: RE: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ENDS 21JAN2005+++Motion to approve 802 Projects Approved News Releases
Would it be better if the sentence were rewritten to read:  "An additional application that would be supported by this project is the the addition of an MPLS encapsulation header."

--Bob

From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of John Hawkins
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:50 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ENDS 21JAN2005+++Motion to appr ove 802 Projects Approved News Releases

I Approve.  I agree they need significant editorial help. Does staff do that, or should we send in editorial comments/suggestions?

I have one technical question about PR_802.3as.doc: I don't understand the sentence "This project will also provide a standard method for Ethernet frames with MPLS labels." Can someone 'splain that to me? How are we doing something at layer 2, that "facilitates" MPLS? Not a big deal, I'm probably just missing something.

john