Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ WG Voting Rules

Title: +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ WG Voting Rules

Matt,

            I vote Disapprove.

            My comments

Procedural matters put by the Chair to the group may be decided by a majority vote.

            This is vague.  Procedure matters are either decided by a majority or not.  Saying it “may” be decided by majority implies that the chair can choose between 75% and a majority.  The text should read “Procedural matters put by the Chair to the group are decided by a majority”

The Working Group Chair may vote at meetings.

            This implies that the Chair can vote on any matter during a meeting.  It is my impression that the rules typically only allow the Chair to vote if the Chair’s vote changes the outcome of the vote.  I believe that the rules should read in that manner.  I believe the 802 Chair voting rules are that way.

            Numerical vote tallies must be taken on all matters that will be brought before the EC.

            Good.  I like that.

Regards,

Steve