Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ WG Voting Rules

Mike,

        I guess I need some background on this.  During my time in IEEE
802 I have always understood that the Chair does not vote unless it
changes the outcome.  Is this more of a tradition than a rule?  Maybe it
is a rule in some working groups and not others.  Anyone else have
information of whether the individual working groups have rules that
differ from the 802 rules?  Maybe that is where I picked it up from.

        Also, I checked Roberts Rules and it states that the chair only
votes
        1) On ballots
        2) If the chair's vote will change the result of the vote.

        I now feel like a real member of the EC now that I am quoting
Roberts Rules :)

        Comments?

Regards,
Steve