|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
1. Timeliness of standards development vrs. fiduciary oversight.
Basically the problems I have discussed with some of the EC off-line:
a) the requirement to get BOG approval for sponsorship (e.g., meeting host);
b) impossibility of submitting meeting location, date and subject one to two years in advance without serious impact to project schedules..
2. Policy on offensive project numbers.
Do we have one, if not, should we, and if so how do we handle cultural sensitivity as part of our international outreach? Background -- At the current rate, we will wrap the alphabet in a couple years, though obsene suffixes are hopefully further away. More than one person has noted that we will encounter decisions that range for amusing (some of which we encountered during the current pass through the alphabet) to offensive on the next pass (ba, bj, bm, bs, etc. in American culture, but I'm at a loss for most other cultures).
From: owner-stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Paul Nikolich
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 4:38 PM
Subject: [802SEC] 802 Task Force Agenda
Dear EC members,
I'm putting together the draft agenda for the 802 Task Force for the March Plenary Session. If there is another topic you would like covered, please let me know and I'll try to add it to the agenda.
draft agenda for 802 Task Force March 2005
1) ISO/IEC, IEEE SA 'relationship' and strategic impact on 802 LMSC
2) Funded Services Project Updates: On-line traing and P&P
3) Discussion on Entity Balloting: review draft of 'corporate procedures' developed by Law and Booth
4) Complementary Copies: GOT and KK to report on their suggestions for alternative 'trophies'
5) MyBallot beta testing update: Grow to report