Re: [802SEC] Ambiguity on Deferring action on a Working Group Motion

Here is my suggested text to replace the ambiguous text:
At times, the Executive Committee may so modifies a motion forwarded by a Working Group that the Working Group Chair believes the Working Group membership would no longer support the revised motion. In that case, the Working Group Chair may withdraw the motion to allow the Working Group to reconsider what action it wishes to take.

Withdrawal seems to be the appropriate term from Robert's rules. One could further clarify by saying that the withdrawal doesn't require leave but I think that is obvious. There seems no point to postponing the motion as the motion that returns is likely to have been altered.

Regards,
Pat