[802SEC] If you voted no, abstain, or did not vote - PLEASE RESPOND +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ P&P_Revision_Process +++ Proposed Resoution Status

Title: If you voted no, abstain, or did not vote - PLEASE RESPOND +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ P&P_Revision_Process +++ Proposed Resoution Status

Folks,

The proposed resolution for this P&P revision was posted a couple of months ago.  There has been no substantive change since.  A straw poll on the revision was:

For:            6

Against:        1

Abstain:        4

Did not Vote:   4

Because of how rules changes work (still subject to interpretation) not voting may count as a no vote.   In the future abstain may also count as a no.  Accordingly this ballot would FAIL due to lack of opinion / participation  The one issue I have heard raised is that this P&P revisin formalizes that abstains and Did not Vote count in the denominator.  This is because approval requires a 2/3 vote of all voting members (currently 10 out of 15 I believe).  The other comment I heard that abstain on the vote may mean I didnt have time to look at it yet, but will by Friday.

My request is as follows:

If you voted abstain, or did not vote, PLEASE respond to this e-mail with an actual position.  If you determine you intend to vote no, please identify the specific issue why.  I have the ability to partition out specific issues and vote them separately so the entire ballot does not go down flame over a single issue.

If in fact you dont care, or more likely dont have time to consider things in detail, please vote in favor of the ballot.  These ballots run over a period of 4 months, and I try to circulate any proposed changes well before the plenary session where approval is sought so that I can work to develop consensus.  It is difficult to develop consensus on issues when you dont find out about them till the week of the plenary.  The system is setup such that it assumes folks will take time to consider the change, and vote their position.  Please exercise your right and obligation to participate.

Thanks,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.

Senior Member Technical Staff