Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 7:01 PM
Subject: [802-11WG] UPDATE from 802 EC Closing Meeting in Atlanta March 2005

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Technical Reflector ---

802.11 Members,

I am pleased to announce the following items of importance to the 802.11 WG from the closing 802 EC meeting here in Atlanta:

- 802.11w PAR - APPROVED for forwarding to NesCom / Standards board for Approval.
"Update to 5 Criteria document to be revised to include Coexistence Assurance (CA) statement and filed with 802 EC"

- 802.11 Contention Based Protocol Study Group (CBP SG) - APPROVED - Which I have asked Peter Ecclesine to Chair.
"SG must work with other interested parties, i.e. 802.15, 802.16, 802.19, 802.20, etc. to include their needs"

- 802.11w Press Release - TO BE APPROVED VIA 10 DAY EC EMAIL BALLOT.

See you all at the 802.11 Interim session during May 2005 in Cairns, Australia,

/ Stuart

_______________________________

Stuart J. Kerry
Chair, IEEE 802.11 WLANs WG