Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ WG Membership & Meeting P&P

Bob,

I agree qualifying members based on some measure of their ability to
contribute to the WG work is difficult and may be impossible.  But it seems
like a reasonable objective.  Ideally I want all our members fully engaged
in developing the best possible standards for 802.

The intent of my comment was to start discussion around establishing a
membership requirement that ensures that members are active and contributing
to the standards development process.  If a participant is not engaged, for
whatever reason, should they be given the privelege of membership?  The
intent of the 75% participation requirement is an attempt to quantify some
level of 'engagement'.  But what about those cases in which a person shows
up enough to meet the attendance requirement, but they do not participate in
the WG work.  Should they be eligible to cast votes that will influence the
WG work?

Regards,

--Paul